Sunday 1 November 2015

Falling Leaves.

There's another gloriously sunny autumn day out there. It is true we have had some very wet days on and off this fall but the sun has popped out more than a few times. We enter November today, a month I associate with damp and cold. The pavements are littered with golden and red tree detritus, the fall as our American friends call it is well under way. In a month the bitter cold of December will hit us.

Time is going quickly. We have another 7 weeks of term. After the storm of the start not much has slowed down but I am still standing. It did not seem very likely to happen in those first few days. The frenetic pace is still not slowing. It has become a battle of endurance, a mental health stalemate during which I'm sort of holding back the onslaught but am in no way winning the battle.

And thus my Sundays remain so vital to me. I'm continuing my Haydn theme of recent weeks. Today's offering is L'Infedelta Delusa. Unfortunately there is a scratch on the second CD so had an unholy interruption. After that I will watch the Chiefs and Lions at Wembley. Hard to believe it was but a week ago I sat in that vast stadium.

I have a small chicken to roast for my dinner. I will fill the cavity with organic thyme and half a lemon. Then in but a little while it will be bed time again and this week's marathon commences. Did I ever envisage life would be like this in the days when I didn't work? There was a time when just getting a job would closed the circle and I would be healed. An optimism that seems so hollow now. But I do work and I no longer define myself as mentally ill. It is merely a part of me today.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment