Thursday 26 November 2015

Where did They All Come From?

There must be something in the air, the town was heaving today. True this country seems to have adopted the American institution that is Black Friday but that is tomorrow. I have no idea where all those people came from but it meant I stayed only a brief time, the anxiety was rising too much.

When I got home and mindful that today is Thanksgiving Day I glanced back at my post for last year. It too was bleak, ill and needing time away. The year before I recall mum before her final deterioration in her mental health doing a lovely turkey dinner when I lived at JB's in Folkestone. For that reason this day always reminds me of her. Even more so than the NFL feast that awaits me tonight.

This Thanksgiving Day I am paying the price for my adventure and over exertion yesterday. It was hard to get up especially after a return of the nightmares. I feel worn out as I write. Work is still popping into my head despite a concious effort not to look at my inbox. My students feel in need but I cannot meet that need at present.

So I content myself and listen to Offenbach. Not sure what I will read, do I start a new book, I brought 2 out or do I read a magazine? Or maybe a cook book. Talking of cooking I did manage to find some turkey to roast, curiously difficult to find. Then let the day pass.

My friend Heather called last night. The jungle drums of my downturn have clearly reached Kent. She urged me to take more time away. I don't think my fragile state will cope with being away that long, too much guilt. We will see I suppose. See you all tomorrow.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment