Saturday 21 November 2015

Afternoon Wanderings.

At last the sun has come out. It is bitterly cold out there and my heating came on for the first time yesterday. Still I wake late and feel exhausted. The anxiety dissipates a little with each passing day I just can't cope with little things going wrong. Not really sure about mood, a kind of nothing to -1. I couldn't face the mood diary in the end, maybe tomorrow.

Having been out for short shopping trip I decided to go for a walk then do domestic stuff. The walk was good but bitterly cold. Is this heralding winter? The domesticity will come after this post.

I have been invited to a friend's house for dinner tonight. Jo came to mine a couple of months ago and today is the return match. Chicken pie always goes down a treat. I'm  looking forward to that although for some reason Jo is nervous about cooking for me. I seem to have a reputation for cooking that is far beyond my real ability. I am fearless in the kitchen and usually it works but I am in truth no more than an enthusiastic amateur.

On my walk I saw that the local church has an Advent Carol Service next  week, I might go along to that. Advent is always good.

Then on to another week at home catching up on precious sleep. I need to reduce how much I'm getting if I'm to have any chance of surviving a return the week after. But there is time for that.

Tomorrow there is roast pheasant on the menu, the first game of the season. The butcher had a marvelous 4 rib joint of beef today, at well over £100 it was a bit too much for me. My next beef may have to come from Waitrose. As a sop to my usual decadence though I bought a bottle of Barolo, may have a small glass with my pheasant tomorrow.

See you all soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment