Wednesday 25 November 2015

Okay to be Okay?

On a day on which the sun shone through the crisp cold air I ventured out. For the first time in a while I got up a little earlier, felt moderately okay and took a chance on getting the bus to St Albans. It was a good day for it. Did the market, a Moroccan lunch and a return trip to The Lower Red Lion, then caught a bus home whilst still light. Is it okay to feel okay? Can I get through that feeling of being a naughty school boy and bunking off?

The truth is it has been a long time coming. It may lead to a backward step tomorrow but relishing the better days is surely better than decrying what I should have been doing under normal circumstances and beating myself up.

Back at home in the warm I feel rather worn out. A light supper of aloo gobi is on the cards, a rare venture into vegetarian food. Don't those from the Indian subcontinent do good things with vegetables?

An evening of the NFL awaits before the big turn that is Thanksgiving Day tomorrow. There are 3 NFL games on the cards then. I wonder if I could perhaps get a turkey leg to roast to celebrate with our friends from the USA? Hello by the way, you're still bringing in reader numbers each month.

Enough now, more soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment