Saturday 7 November 2015

Not Exactly Going to Plan.

To say that today has not quite worked out is putting it politely. I was rudely awakened by the Jehovah's Witnesses. Anyone can have a faith but don't push it on me. Dory was brought up a Jehovah's Witness and by God did she pay a price. Her response was somewhat ruder than mine. Forcibly up I was confronted with a foul day of pouring rain and driving wind-not getting the bus in that to St Albans to trudge round and get soaked as I planned. I bought some shopping only to find a tin has a small puncture in it and was leaking beer all over the back of my car. The recycling seems to be minus the can collecting bit so that didn't work out either. And I got soaked.

Despite these minor setbacks I'm actually feeling somewhat upbeat. I don't know why, I just am. I managed to get some nice braising steak from the butcher to have beef bourguignon, some shoulder of pork for tomorrow and some good chipolatas. I don't eat sausages often so it will make a change.

Not sure now whether to listen to opera or just chill with the TV. I suspect the latter will be what I end up doing. A nice cup of Earl Grey tea will not go amiss. Then on to cook.

Much to my surprise the sun has just emerged from behind the dark clouds and we almost have some day light. Hurrah. Until tomorrow .

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment