Sunday 22 November 2015

Changing the Record.

Hello everyone, I'm back on another chilly day with not much to entice me outside. Once again I slept longer than I should but managing to get up a bit better each day as I move further away from the chaos that engulfed me recently.

Not fancying going out much I returned to my staples of opera and reading. So far I have heard Verdi's Il Corsaro and Mozart's Apollo et Hyacinthus. The paper has been devoured mainly, just the magazines to go. And now in a complete cultural reversal I have put on a compilation of 80s electronic music. Much of the 80s was a musical desert but there are occasional gems. To my students the 80s are ancient history. To me it was part of sometimes fraught growing up. Opera to electric? That really is changing the record.

I had a lovely evening with my friend Jo yesterday. The chicken pie was delicious, the roast potatoes sublime (far better than I ever do) and roasted carrots glazed in maple syrup amazing. Her anxiety was for nothing. I'm my own worst food critic but can always praise the work of others.

Let's us hope I can match such wonders with my roast pheasant later. Dad is very partial to game and he cooks venison particularly well. I've never actually tried but maybe before the winter is out I will give it a go.

The big sleep will continue next week although I'm hoping to muster up enough energy to make it to St Albans market on Wednesday. Perhaps a nice Moroccan lunch at Little Marrakech. I think Miriam is back from her trip to Vietnam on Wednesday also. Missed talking to her over the last 3 weeks.

Wrap up warm out there and take care until I next post.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment