Wednesday 4 November 2015

The March of Time.

A picture popped up on my Facebook feed last night. It was taken in 2011 and showed me signing copies of A Pillar of Impotence at the launch event in Kent as part of Folkestone Book Festival. I'm struggling to come to terms with how fast it has gone. I certainly look younger and slimmer in the photo. It was a glorious night 4 years ago to the day. Not just for celebrating the end of my long quest to be published. But there was another more significant moment that night. I saw my mum smile. And I knew at the moment that after years of conflict we had made peace. She died suddenly 4 months later.

Cast your mind back to that time on this blog. They were hard tough times. I was just emerging from a significant relapse that had set me back. I was close to completing Charon's Ferry and suddenly my world changed forever. I cannot halt the march of time but I still remember.

I probably should have typed this post then. But I was out with Dory at the Fu Hao. We'd not seen each other since my birthday so lots to catch up on. We have both been struggling. But I'm still afloat.

Finally had a meeting on clarification on what has been going so wrong for me in recent months. The proof may or may not come to light in the next few weeks but it went better than I anticipated. Tomorrow I get to teach some psychiatrists. Aside from my usual fears about having enough material I'm quite looking forward to it.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment