Sunday 12 January 2014

The Net Widens.

Some months ago I wrote a post on here entitled "Pandora's Box". It was as a result of something I read in the newspaper about child abuse in music schools in the 1970s and 1980s. This has in many ways been fuelled by the Saville scandal but it is shining the spotlight on a murky world. That post remains the 3rd most widely read of the 341 pieces I have written on here.

Today I learned from the same paper that that net is widening with a further 20 schools likely to lose court cases about what went on in those dark days. I think the net will continue to widen before it closes. I wonder when that net will be widened to include that famous choir that was once my identity? Surely it will come one day. Maybe book sales will go up if it does-"Charon's Ferry" is far more candid and overt on the subject than "A Pillar of Impotence".

As I write I'm listening to Mendelssohn. A year after I was given the box set I have finally found what I was looking for. As a result I listened to the whole of "Hear my Prayer" today for the first time in years. Glorious. At 3 pm the music will go off and we will have a little jaunt to a country pub. Then home to cook roast chicken. Here is to Sundays.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment