Wednesday 15 January 2014

Going Nowhere Fast.

Just as I thought I was getting over this virus that I've been battling since New Year's Day it has come back with a vengeance for round 2. This is replicating the experience of so many others I know who have this-and I know at least 20 people who have it-it calms then comes back. So after a night of coughing, shaking and shivering I decided against going anywhere today and stayed in bed all morning. I could really do without this but there you go, it happens sometimes.

Looking back on the last year or so I seem to have had an unusually high number of physical ailments. Let's hope it is just bad luck. Who knows when it will end but I can't wait so I can finally get on with my life.

This post is the first written on my new PC. I rarely consider myself disabled but with a life time mental illness in the eyes of the law in this country I am. Well actually there is a caveat to that. The criteria for employment and education differs from that to claim benefits. When I was accepted on my course my friend Madeline who works in our disability department was most insistent that I apply for Disabled Students Allowance. I feel a fraud but at the assessment back on November the excellent assessor pointed out that we had to take into account what impact it might have on my studies should I relapse. He had a point so lots of things were put in place. I probably won't use them but it is nice to have up to date equipment-now I can access all the on-line materials which I couldn't get to before.

But today is not a day for study, I feel too ill. Instead I listen to Britten on the radio and quietly rest. Choral Evensong at 3.30 pm from Salisbury cathedral-I look forward to that.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment