Monday 6 January 2014

Finally Succumbing to the Inevitable.

After a night of being woken up in a cold sweat by extremely disturbing dreams I have succumbed to the earnest advice of my dad and friends by finally going to the chemist and bought a flu and cold remedy. As you can see I stayed home today and this virus whatever it is seems in no mood to shift. As each day comes I hear of more of my friends coming down with it. The common denominator is the Hedgehog pub where we all went on New Year's Eve. My friend Sue coined the rather splendid phrase "Hedgehog flu". Actually it is nowhere near as bad as full blown flu but is pretty debilitating. The best I can hope of this medication is that it will hold things at bay; nothing can be done about a virus

So another day at home struggling to do anything. I should do some study but really can't face opening my notes. But time is ticking on and I need to get going. I am slightly stuck in that I can't access all my course materials from home as my software is no up to date enough. I had planned to download what I needed in a form I can work with today but it was not to be. Maybe tomorrow.

And my madness? Less in evidence today than yesterday. Funny how physical illness can bring about a mental lapse in mood. Let's hope it passes soon.

For now I listen to the radio and do nothing. It can only get better from here.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment