Saturday 11 January 2014

Back to my Chinese Culinary Roots.

After a day working on my assignment for my MSc it is now time to cook. I'm returning to where it all started, China. Over many 1000s of years the Chinese have evolved a stunning culinary legacy which uses some strange things. Today's offering of red cooked pork with star anise and dried orange peel has just gone in the oven. I did try eating the orange peel once but was not enamoured with it. But it does impart a good flavour. Combined with soy sauce, star anise and cassia bark it promises to be an interesting adventure.

My week of ill health continues, still can't shake the virus but I am certainly better than I was. Mentally too I seem to have climbed a little in my mood and reduced my anxiety. This in part was due to a surprisingly positive response to my survey I sent out for my MSc. Armed with that I have now made a lot more progress. The presentation is a week Thursday. Hand in date 2 weeks after that. I think I'm well on top of it although I have the dreaded referencing to do still.

The divisional playoff round of the NFL begins tonight. I will record both games tonight and watch tomorrow's live. Keeps me out of the pub for a bit.

All in all I feel set up for a restful day tomorrow with my book and some opera. Roast chicken will complete my normal chilled out Sunday. Chaos again on Monday-with luck the coughing will finally have abated by then.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment