Wednesday 22 January 2014

Not the Best News.

So you may ask, what happened? If you read yesterday I finally bit the bullet and sought out medical help for my strange ailment. You can imagine my surprise when the first question she asked me was "have you had whooping cough"? No but that is what they think I have now. I could really do without that. A few months back there was a story in the news about a resurgence of whooping cough amongst adults. I always thought children got it. Apparently not, about 5 people have told me they have had a it as adults and it is not good.

Further complicating matter is that the recommended antibiotic which may or may not work contraindicates with risperidone so I can't take it. I now find myself with a week's worth of standard antibiotics which she doubts will work and have been signed off for a week. The web says up to 3 months. Let us all pray that it is a much more straight forward respiratory infection than that and clears up quickly.

The upshot is I have had to do some serious juggling. Work is on hold, I will miss my presentation but am now allowed to submit by e mail. All the work is done barring references and tidying up so I'm hopeful I can summon the energy in the next 10 days to complete that.

On another matter I have decided to postpone my book launch until the spring. What I did do though is order the required number of copies to send it in motion to the wider publishing world. So it should be on Amazon, Waterstones, Foyles and other sites soon.

More soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment