Friday 3 January 2014

Hailstones, Byrd, Pink Floyd and Change Management.

Is it weird to go from listening to the great Tudor religious works of Byrd to the strange drug fuelled world of Pink Floyd in one afternoon? Thinking about it it is pretty weird. But then again I like to do the unexpected. It has been a strangely disjointed day that has left me with more uncertainty than it began but with progress made.

My day started late after a troubled nightmare filled night in a barrage of hailstones. Yes, yet another storm had arrived. It was so loud that I thought it might smash my bedroom window. Fortunately no damage to report. Much to my disappointment I still felt unwell. The swelling of my tonsils has subsided but is replaced by a heavy cough and a lot of chest constriction. This is a very strange virus if that is what it is.

Of one thing I was certain today, I needed to do some more study. A brief interlude of Singapore noodles with Lin and food shopping delayed the inevitable but I did manage to get 2 hours done to a backdrop of Byrd and Pink Floyd. Not sure how much further I am in my quest but I always feel anxious that I have not done enough. Maybe it will make sense when I get round to writing in earnest next week. I wonder how much my peers have done, after our last lecture session they all seemed convinced that they would fail. I have one priceless gift though and that is I can write. The night before my Economics A Level in 1988 I bumped into one of my teachers and told him I didn't understand any of it. His response was "well at least you can write". Not very encouraging but I did somehow get a B.

So on a dreary dark winter night my holiday ends. Who knows what the coming weeks will bring. More importantly what will my mood do. At the moment it is flat although I think that is due to being physically unwell. Yet on we must go, on into the unknown.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment