Saturday 25 January 2014

A Mistake Perhaps?

In retrospect I probably shouldn't have gone to Jeff's funeral yesterday. All in fear that the coughing would come back at the wrong moment fear was realised and I nearly walked out. Staving off the attack led to almost being sick, I was about 30 seconds from walking out. But I didn't. In that state it was hard to concentrate on why we were there but I'm sure Jeff knew in his mind I was not at my best.

Against better judgement I did go to the wake for a while. After just 2 drinks I really had to get out so retired back into the warm and watched a film. I slept for 12 hours barring the 7 dreams that woke me up-that is I think a record.

Having woken at 12.30 I had to do a little shopping then planned a sandwich in the Horse and Groom. I couldn't face it so came home. A small amount of domesticity and no lunch wiped me out. Managed a half a marinaded lamb steak and potatoes now about finished. I won't be going anywhere tonight. The coughing will no doubt continue and my battle with illness goes on.

Time to stare at the TV for a bit when dose myself up for bed. When will this end?

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment