Wednesday 8 January 2014

Putting Life in Perspective.

Life for me has been somewhat rocky since our epic Christmas at Beka's. I have been ill with a virus that has cut swathes through my friends. News came of the death of my friend Jeff on New Year's Eve. Today I learned of the death of another friend taken by cancer over Christmas. My mood and particularly my unusual anxiety have marked the last 10 days-it was another anxious day today. I have to try to balance the silly foibles of my life with the realities of the really ill world. Once I was really ill. Now in the main I'm fine.

Today I learned some more devastating news from a friend. I cannot say what it is on here but it took me back to that terrible day when my friends Tom and Catherine lost their 2 year old son. That was truly black. Today's news is not that bleak but once again I am reminded of the fragility of life and that what I face at the moment will pass. As long as I stay clear from the depths of madness I will survive and weather this storm.

I went to work this morning. I had a meeting and some catching up to do. So why am I shattered? I guess the lingering effects of my recent virus. Feel like just lying on the sofa. It doesn't seem worth trying to stay awake. Doubt I will go to bed early though, I never do.

Time to sign off until another day.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment