Thursday 16 January 2014

All Plans are Off.

The rain drops are gently trickling down the panes of glass in my French windows at my flat. It reminds me of that haunting Simon and Garfunkel song "Kathy's Song" that so bewitched me in the time of my madness. Once again I find myself at home unable to risk passing on this vile virus by going to work. The night was again a torment although the pills I bought at the chemist have helped a little during the day. God I hate being ill.

As a result all my plans for today are cancelled. I was due to visit my friend Jacek today for lunch and meeting of his staff at his place of work. He is a Polish psychiatrist whom I admire a great deal. Young and dynamic he is so different to all those arrogant ones who treated me. Another sign of my changed life. Jacek is my greatest advocate.

I was due to have dinner with Dory at the Fu Hao but she unexpectedly had an early shift tomorrow morning in London so we have had to put that off. I was also due to have another friend Jackie round to provide me with some training on my new PC but we cancelled that too.

So once again I'm stuck at home, coughing and drained. It was not all lost. I finished "Under a Mackerel Sky" and very much enjoyed it. A Rossini opera has been playing on the radio in the background. Yet I'm restless. Time is marching on to my MSc presentation on Thursday and I'm nowhere near ready. If the fever breaks I will get back to it on Saturday. I think I'm a couple of hours away from completing the text but there are some things I do not know how to do when putting together my PowerPoint for Thursday. I need some help and it makes me anxious. I'm sure I will be fine though.

As I'm not out tonight I will just have simple roast potatoes and a pork chop with rosemary and garlic. It is still hard to swallow but we all need to eat. Let us hope tomorrow brings signs of improvement. In the meantime my next dose of pills is due at 5 pm. With luck next time I write I will be better-I really hope so.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment