Friday 1 January 2016

Late Night, Late Morning.

So here we are. 2016. The grey and rain continue and outside is not very inviting. It was very late when I got to bed, nigh on 3 am and exceptionally late that I emerged, gone 1 pm. It has been a day of tiredness, nausea, boredom, listlessness and wondering what is going on. Why do we drink so much to celebrate?

In truth I didn't drink a huge amount but probably stayed for one too many. Judging by the handful of texts I have received today everyone is feeling a little delicate too. I really ought to eat something. My plan was to have a nice lunch of smoked cod and a gentle afternoon. The cod was ghastly, no flavour at all and that pretty much reinforced my view of today. Back to bed might have been a better idea.

It will change though. Nothing ever stays the same in my life. The building of anxiety about my return on Wednesday has already started. Can I cherish the days before? I hope so. My travels take me back to Kent tomorrow; seems only yesterday that I came home.

Despite the inauspicious self inflicted start I do certainly wish all my readers out there a very Happy New Year and have a prosperous 2016. Back soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment