Sunday 10 January 2016

Chilly and Crisp.

The best way to describe today is that it is distinctly colder. The grey that has so often blighted the last few weeks has disappeared and the cool crisp air in pale winter sunlight is a pleasant change. I took my Sunday afternoon walk today for the first time in a while. Very pleasant although muddy in places. Not a day to be walking in the woods.

With this change of climate I find myself a lot more relaxed than of recent days. You will recall I was not in a good place when I posted before. The seething anger and powerlessness has abated replaced by a quiet air of contemplation. Puccini's Turandot plays after some Vivaldi earlier. The reading is good and my mind is fairly peaceful.

The big question is will I still feel like this on the morrow? As ever the weekend has gone far quicker than I had hoped. The hours march on towards roast duck then the next 2 NFL playoff games. I've not watched last night's recordings yet although in the days of mass media it has been impossible not to find out who won.

Next weekend brings Katherine's 40th birthday. We met doing the PGCE in 1999 and like me teaching didn't really work out for her. Careers? Who would have them? My thoughts still flit to doing something different. As lottery fever gripped the UK over the weekend with a jackpot of over £60 million I was not really tempted. What on earth would one do with that amount of money? Sounds great but I bet it would create more problems than is solves. Good luck to those who won.

Time now to return to my afternoon's reading. See you all in the week.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment