Thursday 31 December 2015

A Final Post.

If there is a way to good sleep surely it is spending a long leisurely lunch with my good friends Dory and Sarah, laughing, eating, drinking and catching up. A gentle day led to better sleep. It was fun.

The morning always comes though and whilst I slept on the day has been flat and detached. I'm not sure why. I don't feel like cooking although I have invited a friend. I can't settle on much, Beethoven's C Minor Mass mainly passed beyond my listening. A touch of the NFL failed to interest me. Now it is nature programmes with which to move on through the hours.

This is my final post of 2015. What a storm that year has been. Not exactly my best. Yet there were good times. I graduated. I saw Madrid and Toledo up close. I met new friends. And I survived. I do not feel back to my best yet. Will I ever get back or do I need to make those changes Sarah suggested yesterday? Probably both. Change has come but not much has gone in my favour in the day job. On Wednesday I must return. Taking Peter's advice that it is just a job and keep it separate will be my challenge for 2016.

I will see in the New Year as I have the last few years with my friends in The Hedgehog. May you all have a wonderful night and prosperous 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment