Thursday 7 January 2016

Finding Words

Some people believe I'm quite good with words. Good enough to be published twice. Good enough for nearly 32,000 hits on here. Good enough that some claim I have helped many students through my words.

In my darkness that afflicted my 20s few other than Caroline the healer ever found words to help me. I was so disillusioned with "therapy" as it hadn't worked and was then turned round on me. Effectively they told me you are the problem not madness. In my disillusioned state I firmly believed that salvation could only come in the form of pills. Despite waiting a decade I did find the pills in the end.

My career such as it is has been driven by a raging anger to prove to them that my whole life was not a delusion. I was not a narcissist. And I am intelligent. After more than a decade working with words in the last few months I had lost faith in my own words. Disillusion haunts my every day. Yet on I went.

Despite my fear I returned to work yesterday. I had no confidence and was so anxious that I feared I would not make it through the day. Not much happened. Then today came and I had to find words. And those words came, came in their torrents and a connection was made. For that I am thankful. I had to be at my best in the most difficult of circumstances. I do not think I was found wanting. Is faith restored? Maybe. But I did it.

The price I pay is exhaustion. Once again I'm drawn to me default of Yang and the Fu Hao. I can't think enough to cook myself.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment