Sunday 31 January 2016

Almost Seduced Away.

It was never part of my plan today to go out in the car. Wet and grey, I preferred instead my usual Sunday of opera and reading. That was until I discovered the cashpoint in the shop was out of order which forced me to go out. I don't really need any money today but as I have a washing machine repair man coming tomorrow I needed to pay him somehow. So off I went in my little car in search of cash.

Cash secured after finally finding a place to park my mind turned to other things. And foremost of that was an overwhelming desire to drive to a country pub. It was mightily tempting but given that I did the same yesterday I fought the urge and it failed to seduce me away from my warm flat and the warm embrace of Mozart.

I'm back in now with The Magic Flute, a rolled breast of lamb slow roasting in the oven and the many tomes of The Sunday Times to entertain me. Richard is coming to partake of the lamb, he's not been over for a while.

When my thoughts turn to tomorrow I don't know. It will probably weigh heavily on my mind as I go to bed. I have to do another visit to an inpatient unit tomorrow. That is part of my job I like second least, second only to getting people detained under the Mental Health Act.

But it has been a good weekend. So lovely to see Jayne and so little stress. May the rest of the week be similar.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment