Saturday 23 January 2016

Shortened Days.

After a week in which I alternated long then short days it was never really my intention that today would be as short as it was. Whilst I feel infinitely better than I did this time a week ago I must have been tired as once again I didn't wake up until lunch time. It wasn't a bad week and last night I went out with the disability team for a delayed Christmas dinner at The Three Horseshoes. Relaxed, affordable and not bad I had a nice evening. No pretensions with them.

With half the day gone I pottered into town. Spent some of my Christmas bonus card on books-Waterstones may see a lot of me in coming weeks-some Ernest Hemingway in A Moveable Feast and Matt Haig's best seller Reasons to Stay Alive. The latter came highly recommended by Ros. Who knows when I will get chance to read them but as the NFL seasons draws towards its finale my available time will increase immeasurably. I did a little shopping but once again failed to make it to the butcher as there was nowhere to park. Back at home I did a little cleaning and now have West Ham on TV-Charlie is at Upton Park. Talking of Charlie he text today to confirm he has got us tickets for Pakistan at Lord's in July.

My culinary delights this evening once again come from the Middle East. Layers of potato, lamb, onions, aubergines and tomatoes doused with a marinade of olive oil, oregano, water and tomato puree. It smells delicious although given past disasters I'm always wary of recipes that require me to cover it in tin foil. We will see. Tomorrow I will roast a chicken and serve with a niceglass of Chardonnay.

After supper I think a film. Do I do The Hundred Foot Journey or Death at a Funeral which Beka gave me for Christmas? I will decide after the lamb. Take care everyone and chat again soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment