Sunday 17 January 2016

Flecked With Snow.

When I finally emerged from my flat into a cold night there were small flurries of snow. A regular from The Hedgehog confidently ignored my suggestion and insisted it will not snow. So this morning the ground was covered in an inch or so of snow. It has been a long time since we saw snow in these parts. Nothing too disruptive though, it is melting away to nothing as I write. But it shows me winter is here and here for a while.

After the wipe out that was yesterday I made it up earlier and felt somewhat better. In fact looking back yesterday was a harder day than I realised. My usual Sunday is in full swing. My dreams were marked by subconscious thoughts on what opera to listen to today. In the end Handel's Rodelinda won out. The paper is partially read and the shoulder of pork went in a little while ago for a long slow cook.

What will be of the week? As I feel now manageable I hope. If I feel like yesterday it doesn't bode well for the next stage of my phased return. There is a night out planned for Tuesday, James's leaving dinner. I will not stay long but will attend for a while. My lovely friend Jayne called from Cambridge yesterday and we have arranged for her to visit in a couple of weeks. I will look forward to that. My annual trip to Miriam's for the Super Bowl with Nigel is but 3 weeks away. Then the dark gloom of February and March will battle for my soul and mood, I find those months tough. I will for the time being try to stick to the twin mantras of a day at a time and did I do some good today. I think I did on Friday and then yesterday was a write off. But I will keep trying.

See you in the week.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment