Sunday 2 August 2015

Quiet Out There.

In a most unusual move for a Sunday I was up at 10.20 am and in my car by 11.15 am. The roads were pretty empty leading to a relaxed journey. Now loaded down with shopping that I normally do on a Saturday I back home and listening to Haydn.

The reason for such an early start was a bad night. Yes the nightmares have returned and I was up 3 times before I finally gave up on sleep. Each waking moment added to my anxiety that started to build pretty much as soon as I got home yesterday. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow.

It was good to be away though. The wedding was sublime although the photos I have seen certainly show me in the "I've gained 2 stone in weight since I gave up smoking" light so not so splendid. I think walk is in order this afternoon.

I did manage to catch up with an old friend who was not at the wedding. And she disturbed a wonderful memory. The highlight of Ken Hom's marvellous book A Taste of China is the fantasy pork, a slow braised and delectably sweet ham with star anise, soy, rice wine, Szechuan peppercorns, ginger and spring onions. I cannot believe I had forgotten all about it. I must resurrect it next time I have friends round.

Actually I do have a friend coming tonight. My intention was for beef  but I saw such a good shoulder of pork joint I had to buy it. Smoked haddock for lunch. Then perhaps reading before a walk. Have a great Sunday everyone.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment