Monday 31 August 2015

Feeling Pretty Good.

All things considered I feel pretty good today. I had the most splendid birthday, good friends-no one else dropped out-a wonderful lunch although I suspect Dory scared the hell of the charming 16 year old waiter, and so many kind messages from others. I lost count of what I drank but took it fairly slowly so was no worse for wear today.

Today is the day after. Dank, cold and wet it reminds me more October. I got up late then went for a jaunt in the country with my neighbour to the fine hostelries of the village of Sandridge. I'd been to The Rose and Crown before with my friend Kym. The Green Man was new to me. I enjoyed both although they were very busy.

Back home I'm slow cooking a lamb Tandir, shoulder marinated in olive oil, rosemary, lemon juice, salt, pepper and dried oregano. Judging by the smell I'm in for a treat. Handel plays in the background and I can feel some reading coming along. I'm relieved I still have the best part of week recuperating. Work does not feel at all enticing at the moment.

Gently does it I think for the next few days, still tired and having broken sleep but hoping volume of sleep rather than quality bears fruit in the long run. Last post of August today, see you all in September.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment