Monday 24 August 2015

The Sleep of the Dead.

I think my days of bad sleep finally caught up with me last night. I ended up sleeping for 12 hours. There were dreams but not disturbances. Curiously enough in those dreams mum features a lot. No one else just the 2 of us. I was often anxious around her in life so too in my dreams. For all intents and purposes I was dead to the world though. Must have needed it.

On late waking the rain was still pouring down. Sadly the wet weather did not do enough to save the 5th Test. A curious Ashes series. And now until next year cricket is all over again. Cue the NFL in a couple of weeks.

As is my wont during the holidays after a little shopping I popped out to a country pub. The Sun in the village of Lemsford was today's venue. Lovely little village, wouldn't mind living there if money was no object. Back at home my opera adventures continue with Die Entfuhrung Aus Dem Serail. After this post it is back to Lexi's book-I'm determined to finish it this holiday.

The next question is do I have Pimm's or tea? The Pimm's season is fast running out and I have a nearly full litre bottle so needs to be used up. But on such a wet day? Maybe not.

Back soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment