Saturday 8 August 2015

A Touch of Baroque.

Greetings on a sultry Hertfordshire day. Very warm out there and muggy. Not the day to choose to clean but that is what I did when I got home. It needed doing as Miriam is coming tomorrow. But today has not all been about tedious domesticity.

The Ashes are won, my hair is cut, the fridge is full, a fierce Thai beef curry is under way, a nice Chablis chills for tomorrow and I'm listening to Vivaldi. I do like a touch of Baroque music sometimes. Today's is just on the radio to accompany my ventures at home.

Preparations for my birthday and graduation have progressed; lunch at The Waggoners for the former and staying at The Lower Red Lion for the latter. It will be nice to spend a couple of days in St Albans. Will definitely try that Thai restaurant I rediscovered on my last trip.

Tomorrow we are off to Knebworth House to watch the jousting. Not seen any in years. Then home to mine for roast chicken and the aforementioned Chablis. I will enjoy the weekend while it lasts.

More soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment