Thursday 20 August 2015

And so to Rest.

After a long and at times bumpy road this year is finally over. Is it really 8 years since I moved up here? Sometimes I have nostalgia for those early days when the coming of a new academic year would bring out my passion, drive and semi manic approach to mental health. In truth those days were hard too. Recalling the last few months of my life on here along with all you kind people who read my ramblings I have not always been at my best. I have despaired, I have given up, I have been perplexed and I have been defeated. But now at long last I can have a little over 2 weeks rest.

I got home a bit early today as I met my supervisor Jaz for coffee this afternoon. I came home with a new linen suit courtesy of a sale I passed by-I'm too fat to comfortably fit into my old one. Do I wear it tomorrow for the Oval? It depends if the sun is out. It's been mainly Australia today so far but if we can get another 2 wickets before the close it could be evenly matched. I'm meeting my friend Charlie around 11.15 tomorrow morning at the Alec Stewart gate. Never been there before so it might take some searching. With luck a less one sided day than my trip to Lord's in July.

The plan for the holiday is mainly to rest. I need it. The odd glass of Pimm's perhaps, I made some when I got home, a country pub or 2, Cambridge, Borough Market with Dory. But mainly a time to do little but empty my busy mind.

More will follow on my adventures after the cricket. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment