Thursday 27 August 2015

Now That I can, Why Can't I?

Cryptic title? Well it's simple really, despite not having to work for some time, no rushing to do things, being able to sleep in and take life more gently I still can't escape the dreams and the anxieties that they provoke. I have no need to worry about work yet last night what did I do? Dream of work. I was up 3 times in the night. Fortunately I was eventually able to get away for a while. Had enough of dreams ruining my holiday.

After such a broken night it has been nice to have a brighter day. A squally shower just went overhead but the torrents of yesterday have not been repeated. I took a drive out to a country pub that I had noticed on my travels. Actually I saw the sign on the main road and took a hair raising trip down a narrow country track only to discover said pub was about to close. I guess I must try it at another time. So on the way back I popped in The Crooked Chimney which featured on the Morse episode called Who Killed Harry Field? Long way from Oxford. It's a lovely old pub but slightly ruined by that awful chain makeover. In fact I know 3 local pubs in that chain and all have potential to be so much nicer.

Back at home I was about to marinate my leftover beef for a vindaloo when Beka rang. Great to chat to her before her holiday. Curry is now on after a short marinade. Almost set to order Sunday's birthday feast. A couple have dropped out but apart from another couple orders are in. Need to e mail that off before heading out to meet Dory tomorrow. No doubt we will go for the belly pork roll at Roast - a bit of a staple of ours.

Probably won't be on here tomorrow but hopefully see you all on Saturday.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment