Sunday 23 August 2015

Come On Rain!

Welcome to Sunday. The sweltering heat of the last couple of days has partially dissipated into an overcast wet day. It is raining at the Test. Can the rain stay on until 6.00 tomorrow evening forcing an abandonment to save England? Somehow I doubt it.

As it comes down steadily outside I'm listening to Mozart's Ascanio in Alba and enjoying the peace of my holiday. It is true I have had breaks since Christmas but on all of them I was rushing round doing things. Now I can finally rest. Well I could if you dreams would stop-yes I woke anxious and irritated again this morning.

That said I had a lovely lunch of rabbit and prune terrine on toast. I bought the terrine when the French market visited a while ago. The French do do terrines so well. A highlight of my Christmas holiday is making a terrine of coarse belly pork, bacon, garlic and herbs. It is very good although the intensity of the garlic-I reduce the amount-can be a little overwhelming to some. I suspect I will have to work up to Christmas Eve this year so may have do the celebration on my own at home. But I don't want to think about work now.

Rare roast beef is on the cards later. Good Rioja too. Sometimes I am so English. My plan is to enjoy cooking over the next couple of weeks. Next Sunday is my birthday so big lunch out. Might have the odd beer or two too! See you all in the week.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment