Friday 28 August 2015

Altered Intentions.

It's the weekend again. My first week off has gone so quickly. Thank goodness for having another week to go. The dreams go on but not quite as impacting as in recent days. You may recall my intention was to go to Borough Market today with the incomparable Dory but sadly she text to say she had a migraine so couldn't make it. Having got up any way I wasn't really sure what to do. I could have gone alone or I could postpone. The latter option took precedence so I boarded the bus to St Albans.

And what a lovely day I had. The sun shone, the French market was in town and I finally managed to have lunch in Thai Rack about 15 years since my last visit. The main course was disappointingly bland but the starter was good so my plan for the night before graduation still stands.

The market was good and I came away some more of those wonderful terrines like I mentioned earlier in the week. Quail, boar and venison flavours this time. I then retired to the old pub The Boot which has stood there since before the Wars of the Roses for a refreshing ale.

Back at home I have to work out what to do next. Not feeling that hungry so perhaps a coriander and cheese omelette will suffice. Then head for The Hedgehog later but not for a while. The order is placed for Sunday. We're down to 10 but hopefully we will have fun. 46, hurtling towards 50-scary? Not really. I am what I am and can't change it.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment