Tuesday 1 September 2015

Seasonal Change.

So here we are again. September has arrived. It's only 8.00 pm and it's almost dark outside. Facebook is filled with mums bemoaning how busy Clarks the shoe shop is for back to school shopping and by the end of the week many photos will have gone up of that first day at school for their little darlings. The nights are getting cooler and it is more uncomfortable leaving the windows open.

And me? I'm just relieved to still be on holiday. Energy is inching back although I'm still sleeping long into the next day. A little cooking, a hair cut and some shopping have all I have achieved today. I'm going out for dinner tomorrow with our former Dean of Students David at The Horns. It's been a while since I was there.

A week today I will be in St Albans Abbey dressed on my finery receiving my MSc award. Seems faintly ridiculous that someone as artsy as me can get a science degree. It adds fuel to my belief that mental health and psychiatry are anything but science.

Another gentle day tomorrow I think. Hopefully a little less tired and will get up a little earlier. All too quickly it will pass and the mayhem will start again. Give it 2 weeks and I'll have forgotten the tranquility of these days as I'm buried in chaos. Oh well, it is only a job.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment