Tuesday 1 March 2016

Biting Back.

Some days in my life mental illness comes back and reminds me it exists. My friend Steve down in Sussex describes his bipolar as the little dog on a lead that walks behind me, most of the time it walks behind me but sometimes it bites me on the bum. After a series of vile dreams early this morning mental illness fought back against my recent advance and I came to a shuddering terrible halt. Having abandoned all hope of doing anything today I eventually struggled out of bed and am now feeling well and truly bitten.

Added to this I am cold and shivery despite it being a warm day. Bunged up and listless I'm really hoping I'm not coming down with the virus that has felled so many of my friends and colleagues in the last couple of weeks.

Outside the rain is on us. I have no desire to go outside at all. Rumour has it there could be snow tomorrow. It has in the main been gentle with us this winter. Wet yes, icy wind sometimes but not bad. As we are in March is spring with us?

With the heating turned up and a drowsy muddled mind I'm listening to Haydn on the radio and will hope the hours pass by in not too much despair. Low is the order of today but I'm determined not to let it last long. Risperidone do your magic and get me back on the track I have so successfully pursued the past few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment