Wednesday 16 March 2016

The Signs are Out.

Out there in the dark my world is surrounded by the signs of spring nearly here. Birds, daffodils and sunshine all hint at that longed for change of season. Gilbert and Sullivan had it right in The Pirates of Penzance describing "that beastly month of February". The evenings are lighter and I'm driving home before the black of night. All looks good but for this incessant bitter wind that seems to have been swirling around for weeks.

Icy blasts aside I'm doing pretty well in my little world. It remains busy and at time frustrating but I'm managing. A couple of months ago it seemed as if I would never manage again. But on track I am.

My Wednesday night of opera is in full swing. I'm cooking a lamb curry for tomorrow with dried pomegranate seeds. Having consumed some lovely roast beef at work I settled for a Greek inspired salad of halloumi with grapes and a lemon and olive oil dressing. My book beckons as my flat fills with the scent of fine food and spices.

I have few thoughts of tomorrow other than it is a day closer to seeing dad. I will of course call him tomorrow to wish him happy birthday but we will celebrate on Friday. Things are moving apace down his way with an offer already in on his house. Maybe he will have to move sooner than we expected.

Back to my opera now until next time.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment