Friday 25 March 2016

Not Quite How I Envisaged It.

A beautiful sunny Good Friday. The Easter weekend is upon us and we are all looking forward to time away from work. Yet even this early in the weekend things have gone awry. My intention today was to go to London to meet Ros. Unfortunately she had something come up so we will have to meet another day. The upside of the change of plan was a nice lie in. That too proved to be a disaster as the nightmares came back. Fears of moving-yes that anxiety still plagues me even if I have no plans at present-then being damned by friends. Not a good night. I woke jaded and edgy.

I could simply have turned round, shut the world out and retreated into myself. Instead in desert boots, blazer and shades I hit the sunshine. It is lovely out there. I shopped for a decadent weekend, free range chicken tonight, crab tomorrow and a leg of lamb for an Easter Sunday indulgence. I'm hoping Gary and Ali will join me then.

Rather than waste a day I have decided to do a country pub trip with Richard. The White Hart at Welwyn has just been reopened by the same people who run The Tilbury at Datchworth. And given that they made it into the top restaurants under £20 list in the Sunday Times it must be worth a visit.

Not bought an Easter egg yet. May or may not do so, chocolate is a substance I can take or leave. But at Easter it is a tradition.

The Boat Race is on Sunday afternoon so technically the start of the Pimm's season. I have half a bottle left over from last year so bought mint, cucumber, lemon, lime and lemonade to open the season. The forecast isn't too kind for Sunday but maybe we will get lucky.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment