Sunday 13 March 2016

Mixed News.

Hello, it has been a few days. How are you all on this beautifully sunny but cold day? I'm in the warm listening to the Messiah and laying the ground for a possible adventure. At this point I'm having a little pause as I collect my thoughts.

Perhaps you are wondering on my news in my absence. In truth there is little to report other than getting a week closer to Easter. The only thing that is significant to have happened was my trip to London yesterday. I was going back to face the past in the form of a woman I vaguely knew all those years ago at Maurice Craig. And it transpires that it is that obscure name unknown to anyone outside mental health circles that led to her getting in touch. We were both patients in the unit in 1994.

I had some trepidation as I got down there but we had a lovely day. A beer in the sun, The National Portrait Gallery then dim sum. And we talked and talked. We were two who did get out and we speculated on the fate of those others. Sadly I learned of another suicide. I'm not surprised but never nice to hear. That brings the tally of my friends to 11. So sad.

Nessa made an interesting point that maybe it is easier to see someone else who moved on from those days rather than someone still stuck. Maybe some day someone else will contact me. Reconnecting can be fun but fraught with uncertainty. In the last few years 3 people from my past have a e mailed out of the blue. And all 3 have their connections to mental health.

That's enough of madness now, I need to work a plan for later today. I could go for a walk in the sun. I could put an opera on and lay further plans. Whatever I do I will keep it simple. I'm not roasting anything today but will just have simple pork chop with vegetables and potatoes. Yes I do do simple sometimes.

I will see you all again in the week.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment