Sunday 27 March 2016

Choppy Waters.

A sinking has not occurred in the Boat Race since 1978. That was the year I went to Cambridge to sing. In the 9 years I have lived in Cambridge we have lost the men's race every year. On a blustery, wet and choppy day on the Thames Cambridge women nearly went under. It is a long time since I saw such difficult conditions on the water. Men's race yet to come.

I paid the price for the clocks going forward last night waking extremely late. Not much going on today other than a leg of lamb that is about to go in the oven. Reading will be the order of the day whilst it cooks. Gary and Ali cancelled so there will be a lot of meat going. Perhaps a shepherd's pie will be on the cards later in the week.

The long weekend has gone so quickly. Wednesday is the dreaded appraisal day. Managed to avoid them the last few years but it has crept up on me. I'm expecting an edgy day.

Term won't start for another couple of weeks but contrary to what many people assume I do not get long holidays like teachers. It is just like any other job really. That said they are pretty generous on holidays.

It's just possible I will learn something important later this week. I'm waiting for a message. I expect the worst but pray for the best.

Today is the most important Christian Festival. Dad had a good morning at church as did Miriam in different parts of the country. They will come together tomorrow.

Happy Easter to you all and enjoy the rest of the holiday.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment