Sunday 20 March 2016

A Weekend at the Seaside.

Britain is famous for it is love of holidays at the seaside. My earliest memory of holidays was balmy days and cream teas in Devon when I was around 3. Memorable partly because Miriam did not come with us as she was unwell. Unlike so many later in my life being by the seaside became an every day occurrence. Dad has lived in his house for 37 years. And now it has been sold. He is downsizing and so much of our lives is now parting from us. I accumulated a lot of crap in those years. I have few qualms about throwing things away. We're getting there.

This weekend we set aside moving and clearing and just had a birthday meet up. Nice dinner in The Butt of Sherry on Friday, roasted guinea fowl on Saturday and a delightful rare beef for lunch at The Clarendon today. The trains were not at their best but it was a good weekend.

I'm on the cusp of Easter. Not thinking at this stage of work but I am thinking of my rendezvous with Ros on Friday. We last met in the summer. We always have good time so I'm looking forward to seeing her very much.

And a long weekend to come. I plan little after Friday, just some good food, lamb I think for Easter Day and lots of rest. Have a good week out there.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment