Tuesday 8 March 2016

False Impressions.

Tuesdays are not always my best day. Today was actually fairly quiet and allowed me to get on with some admin that I was way behind on. Behind because of my incompetence, my fear of technology and a brand new quirk to a new system no one had ever seen before. And of course it had to be me who found it and thus ran into yet another barrier. But I got there in the end. It was just very boring.

To temper my boredom I decided a reading night was in the offing. Handel's Israel in Egypt is my accompaniment but I've yet to choose what to read.

It would appear that my post earlier about a plan going wrong was actually misreading the situation-skim reading is not always good. So there is a plan in the making. Probably nothing will come of it but without taking calculated risks it is not easy to make changes to one's life. I will take that risk.

My trip to London on Saturday is looming large in my mind. Looking forward and a little nervous. The woman I am going to meet has not been seen by me for over 20 years. What will we be like now? Both in a dark place when we knew each other by all accounts we survived and thrived. I doubt that can be said of all my friends from those days. How do I describe that bond that we share having been on a psychiatric ward together? Is it a badge of honour? A dark badge maybe but no one who has not been on a psychiatric will ever understand it.

Back to my reading now. More soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment