Tuesday 22 December 2015

Howling Gale, Pouring Rain, Welcome to the Seaside!

I'm staring out from the spare room in my dad's house over a riotous sea, lashing rain and a gusting wind. It is not British seaside weather. This morning I battled the weather and crowds to complete my Christmas shopping, buy the canapes and pick up all the things that dad forgot. Waitrose at its worst.

Thankfully it is warm, dad's cleaner's friend very kindly wrapped up the presents-she is far more skilled at it than I am-and I made a shepherd's pie for tonight. Now I'm wondering what to do next.

I feel a little restless and in need of air but it is not very enticing. So decisions to be made. Strangely enough despite the terrible blow of the loss of my friend Izzi so soon after my other friends Trapper and Sue I feel rather calmer than of late mentally. The sleep continues in abundance but I don't feel low or anxious today. Some friends are having a Christmas party tonight so I heard on the grapevine so I may pop along to that for a while. I'm a day out in my thoughts, feels like Wednesday. Only a couple of days to go now. I plan to braise the ham in cider later then glaze it and heat it on the day. The goose will arrive on Christmas Eve.

So things to do, people to see. It is good to be away even on such a wet dreary day.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment