Tuesday 8 December 2015

Lost and Found.

Given how long it took me to get to sleep last night today has been reasonably good. The sun has shone, it's not too cold and I didn't feel as tired as I feared I might. In truth the last couple of days have been fairly busy in the grand scheme of me doing very little for the last few weeks.

My car MOT was due yesterday so I had to get up and get down to Hatfield. With a couple of hours to kill I window shopped and lunched in the Galleria. It was not until I got back in my passed car that I realised I had left my keffiyeh in the restaurant. Those who know me will recall how important keffiyehs are to me in a non political way. No it is not to support the plight of so many in the troubled Middle East but rather a cherished memory of my visit to Jordan in 1997. It was not my Jordanian one so not my most treasured but important enough to go back today.

I had spotted a marvellous coat in a sale as I was perusing but decided against buying it in case the car needed things doing. This time I couldn't resist and managed to get a bargain. Probably not too sensible in the run up to Christmas but as Ros repeatedly tells me and I usually fail to heed to be kind to myself.

Back at home La Finta Semplice has been playing for the last 2 1/2 hours. I will get in the kitchen later to roast some belly pork strips.

Amazingly despite a fairly good day I'm not beating myself up or feeling guilty. Have I finally acknowledged that it is okay to be off when I'm ill? I do hope so. If all goes to plan I intend to go back to work next Tuesday. This is the longest break I have had since I started working. But it was needed. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment