Tuesday 15 December 2015

Glorious Tapas.

A couple of years ago you may recall I put up a post on here entitled "Bring on the Black Pigs". It was a glorious tribute to one of the finest food stuffs in the world, Iberico Jamon. I always buy it from Brindisa in Borough Market. Amazingly I haven't been there since February-must rectify that soon.

Yesterday I went to London to meet my old friend Rebecca to attend a Carol Service in Chelsea. But first she took me to Brindisa the restaurant. Oh my God, spectacularly is not the word. I do not even know if I have the words to describe such wondrous food. Jamon, manchego, membrillo, padron peppers, chorizo, spinach with pine nuts and sultanas. It was amazing. I'm not sure I will go too often given the price but what a lovely reunion.

Rebecca and I go back to 1989 when she was 16 and I was 19. As with so many of my friends we met through singing. And we dabbled at the service. She has just started lessons again. I'm not ready for that. So nice to catch up.

That morning after feeling took very little time to kick in. For today I went back to work. Having asked to do a slightly shorter they then told me to slow down. So I will just be in 2 days this week and then only a few hours. In truth that is probably a good plan but doesn't help my fragile confidence. They have managed without me so I guess when I get stronger I can come back to where I was before. The evidence of the last few weeks is that what was expected was unsustainable. So something must be done differently from now on in.

My colleagues have gone out for a Christmas dinner tonight but I didn't really feel up to that. Day at a time, hour at a time. It helps me set about the Christmas preparations that I have singularly failed to address in my time off.

So tomorrow is a rest day. That's good. I'll let you know how I get in shortly.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment