Friday 18 December 2015

And on I Slept.

Everyone who has seen me since I made my first tentative steps back to work on Tuesday has commented on how tired I look. Given that I have had at least 10 hours sleep almost every night since the wheels fell of the bandwagon this is truly amazing. Yet I am still so tired. Another late start as I slept on and on. The question is when will this lift? I have time now but will it be enough?

When I did emerge at lunch time a day of nothing seemed on the horizon. The anxiety of the dodgy plumbing remains although it has been looked at by a friend with some knowledge. The contractors cannot get out apparently until 14th January. Absurd. Fingers crossed for the next month.

In town I bought nothing except a light lunch with Yang at the Fu Hao. Not as busy as I feared it might have been and I managed to park okay. Tomorrow I pack for Kent. Let us hope Sunday's journey goes without incident or hold up.

I have made small progress in my culinary endeavours for Christmas. Roast lamb, shepherd's pie, a chicken and mushroom casserole in cider and the mighty slow roast belly pork with fennel seeds and garlic with a sweet sherry sauce on Christmas Eve when Miriam arrived. I must also braise the ham beforehand. So lots to do.

There may be a final post tomorrow before I go. See you then.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment