Thursday 17 December 2015

Limping Into Port.

It's done. My dealings with the University this academic term are over. I am away now for 2 1/2 weeks. Is there still a lot of recuperating to do? In all honesty yes. A number of people commented today that I looked less well than I had on Tuesday. I'm relieved it is over for the time being. People have been hugely supportive-they usually are when I'm not well.

My overwhelming sense this minute is of emptiness. I am back in my eternally flawed flat. Still waiting news on a plumber. I have completely ignored my work with the Trust and at present still feel I need more time away. That creeping sense of fraudulence seems to be coming back. But why? Why should I beat myself up for being on holiday? It is I suppose part of the eternal battle I fight on mood.

The University is holding its annual Christmas Party tonight. I certainly don't feel up for a big party. I've not had turkey dinner yet which usually occurs a couple of times a week in December. Quite fancy some turkey. I had some rather second rate sushi for lunch.

So back in the home port and no longer buffeted by the storms of my job perhaps I should just relax, appreciate the sentiment of the season and look forward to seeing dad, Miriam, Nigel, Beka and Anne as well as all my many friends back in Kent. I drive down on Sunday. Then let us hope I can relax.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment