Sunday 13 December 2015

Handel, Mist and Cold.

A grey mist has descended on my part of Hertfordshire. Sums up the day really, grey, cold and dull. I haven't felt like doing much today after yet another late start. I have worked my way through the paper and a Handel opera. Now put a second one on, it is a day for Handel.

I'm edging closer to my return to the day job. Having thought very little about it this week it is beginning to loom in my consciousness. Tomorrow is my final day away. I'm travelling to London to attend a Carol Service down in Chelsea. Hoping that I will meet a couple of old friends I once sang with. I chose not to join the choir even though I was invited so to do. For now I just want to listen to music not perform.

Talking of performing I went to the launch gig of Hope's second EP "Optimist". What a performance from a girl so young, such power and control. Check her out on YouTube then download her work from iTunes. It really is worth it.

Rare rib of beef awaits me tonight. I have made the batter for the Yorkshire puddings and will parboil the potatoes after this post. I'm hoping fine beef will lift my flat and flagging mood. I'm not depressed just not where I would like to be.

This time in a week I will be in Kent psyching myself up for Christmas. I really must think today what I will cook during my stay. Invariably I take a couple of cook books down with me. Just a single present left to get, something for Beka. I received a most unexpected present on Friday when my colleagues sent me a lovely bottle of wine as a get well present. We don't always see eye to eye but they are very good a looking out for people when they are unwell.

And so I leave you today with buoyant viewing figures on here and a near run down to the holiday. I hope you are all coping with the coming festivities, it can be a pretty stressful time. Take care out there.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment