Thursday 10 December 2015

Another Year, Another Defeat.

Well that didn't exactly go to plan, Cambridge lost a very tight Varsity Match 12-6. I have yet to receive any abuse from my old friend Tory from Oxford but I have no doubt it will come by the end of the day. Oxford won for a record 6th year in a row. What has happened to men's sport at Cambridge? Losing rugby and rowing consistently is not what I want to see. It may seem strange but in my 9 years over 3 different periods we never won the Boat Race. The last time we did win was only really brought about by an Oxford rower seeing his blade explode in a clash-no one can win 7 oars to 8. Oh well I suppose there is next year.

In my world it has been a mixed day. I'm still on course for a return but once again I was out of sorts this morning. It's the bad dreams that are impacting. Tense, anxious affairs they make me feel like I haven't slept. It got better though. A nice drive in the country, I dropped into The Horns for the first time in a while. Quite busy for a Thursday lunch time.

It doesn't happen often but today I will have a rare packet meal. Didn't find anything worth cooking in the shop so had to compromise. It never ceases to amaze me just how much sugar, fat and salt are in such meals. But ever once in a while is not too bad.

My mind has turned once again to my mood scale. I did update last week and although I am making progress I'm not sure I have gone into + territory, more around the rather dull 0 mark. Better than it has been I suppose

I can't believe how fast this week has gone. Not long until I have to set the dreaded alarm and take the plunge back into reality. I suspect I may need to negotiate a shorter day but we will see.

See you all next time.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment