Monday 28 December 2015

A Plague of Locusts.

We're in the strange in between days with Christmas over and New Year to come. The University is always shut then so I get a fairly generous holiday. A year ago I was desperately trying to complete my final MSc assignment having little or no idea what was expected over me. A year older I have the letters MSc to add to my MA, I'm fatter and probably not wiser. The last couple of months haven't been easy, the deaths, the burnout, the uncertainty and that anxiety. As New Year approaches what awaits me?

On a lovely sunny day I went to town to check out the sales and to fill up my fridge with food for the next few days. The sales were like a plague of locusts, too many people and too little to buy. Well not in shops that I have vouchers for. In past years we have received a John Lewis voucher as a small Christmas bonus. This year they changed to a card that is used in more shops but few I use. Only place worth buying anything was the aforementioned John Lewis so no use today. So it might have be £100 worth of books from Waterstones-marvellous but I already have way too many unread books and not enough time to read them. Never mind though.

My Kiwi friend Sarah is coming to visit on Wednesday. A nice lunch in a country pub and an afternoon of indulgence. Splendid eh?

Talking of food I kept it simple today. A couple of lovely lamb chops with mint sauce and vegetables. Proper stay at home food. Time now to watch the cricket highlights. It's looking likely England might pull of a glorious victory in South Africa. With West Ham winning as well as the Rams upsetting the Seahawks in Seattle it has been a good few sporting days for me. Catch up tomorrow?

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment