Tuesday 29 December 2015

More Than a Decade.

I can't quite remember when I last went to the cinema. I had thought it was to Return of the King in I think 2003. Then it crossed my mind that I took a load of service users to an awful disaster movie that might have been the following year. Whichever is right I don't suppose many people go more than a decade between trips to the cinema.

That all changed today when I first attended the rather quaint cinema in the town I call home to watch Star Wars-The Force Awakens. It was a very enjoyable afternoon although the 3D glasses took a bit of getting used to.

When I got up earlier I was in two minds whether to go or not. My throat was sore, I was congested and coughing a lot. I didn't really want to spread anything nor interrupt people's viewing by the noise. Several hours later and the film complete I feel a little better.

What is it with me and New Year illness? Two years ago I woke on New Year's Day with whooping cough. Last year tonsillitis. This year I'm hoping it is a simple cold.

Mentally I think I'm okay. Dark thoughts of next week have not taken over yet. Tomorrow Dory will also be joining Sarah and me, she has asked for a trip to The Sun at Lemsford. I wonder if the same vain waiter will be there?

And now to a quiet evening. TV or Beethoven? I haven't decided yet.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment