Sunday 27 December 2015

Traffic Standstill.

There wasn't much chance of getting clocked for speeding south of the Dartford Crossing today. Each gantry and bridge flashed a speed limit of 40 mile per hour but no one could get anywhere near that. Clearly my cunning plan to drive home on Sunday lunch time was not quite so cunning-half the south of England was on the road.

I finally made it home after a 2 hour 40 minute journey to go 100 miles. It is still grey and dull but I'm glad to be home. Beans on toast, Earl Grey tea and a bath and I'm refreshed now after feeling rather jaded. Not a surprise really, we have been partying pretty hard. Boxing Day saw many old friends, not enough to eat and memories of those we have lost recently. I must return next weekend for Sue's funeral.

An evening of the NFL awaits although I am going out to eat, barely a morsel in the flat. My plan is to rest more this week. Sleep has become a lot more uneven which is a little bit of a worry. I'm not thinking much of work but it will come and it will start all over again. More of that later in the week.

My musings will probably keep coming as I'm off. See you then.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment