Wednesday 16 December 2015

A Touch of Verdi.

The unseasonably warm weather here in the UK continues. Apparently we are on course for the hottest December ever. It remains dull and uninspiring though. Not much desire to go out really but I had to sort my prescription and see my Chinese friend in Hatfield market. Then just domestic stuff and once again wrestling with problem plumbing. It is only 10 days since a plumber came out, now I need him again.

Problems aside though on this quiet day at home I'm revisiting Verdi's Aida, working my way through Sunday supplements I had yet to touch, and wondering what of tomorrow. It will be my last day, albeit a short one. Will a 2 week holiday get me to where I need to be going forwards? I certainly can't continue as I did before. I will not see any students until January. My return date has been postponed as Sue's funeral is the day I was due back.

I have got no further in my Christmas preparations. Need to chat to dad really but I know he will be out this evening. I suppose it will have to be tomorrow.

Mentally I'm anxious but mood neutral. The anxiety purely relates to the aforementioned plumbing. Why did I ever move to this flat? Endless problems ever since I came here. Can't believe I will have been here 7 years in January. Where will I be in a year or so? Still here? Fate currently lies in far off as yet unannounced opportunities. Or maybe it will just be another year past, older, fatter, balder and greyer. Let us hope wherever I am I am wiser.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment